Sunday, January 20, 2013

"Meeting" the F-104

My job and my experiences were simply incredible
by Patricia I.

Thinking of my employment at Lockheed, from 1954 to 1992, always gives me a warm feeling. I loved Lockheed.
My first job and my first experiences were so exciting. I was assigned to the Flight Test E-5 Fire Control department, working for two great people, Mike McMickle and Les Hauck. When being introduced to the other employees, we entered a huge hangar. There, I saw this awesome, sleek, beautiful F-104 jet fighter. It was just a breathless sight to look at, and I excited to know I was working on this program.
Some of the great people I met were Tony Levier, Herman "Fish" Salmon, Firman Grey and many others. Some of the other programs I enjoyed working on were the L-1011, stealth proof of concept and flight operations at Burbank and Palmdale.