Thursday, November 29, 2012

Around the World with Lockheed Martin

I'm proud of my 50-year association
by Thomas B.

As a 36-year Lockheed Martin Corporation career retiree, it seems my lifetime and family have been influenced by travel. Growing up as a United States Army dependent, I spent years traveling and living in South Korea, China and Japan. My own Army duty took me to Germany, where I first encountered Martin Marietta personnel. With a Martin Letter of Recommendation, I left the military and joined Martin in Orlando, only to be assigned to Korea as a field service rep. There I met the love of my life, leading to our marriage. The next 36 years took our family to assignments, both within the United States and outside, to the Middle East, Far East, Europe and Canada. Lockheed Martin not only favorably impacted my life, but also influenced our children’s lives as well. My 50 years with Lockheed Martin (36 active and 14 retired) only covers half of the Lockheed Martin Centennial period, but I am proud of the company, its people and its achievements during my life’s service.