Monday, November 19, 2012

We Continually Raised the Bar

Looking back, there's a great sense of pride in our success
by Bobby M.

I started working for Lockheed in 1967. Being a Lockheed employee gave me the opportunity to be involved in a number of exciting programs. I spent several years working on the Poseidon missile program. I also spent several years working on classified programs. I was continually amazed at the capability of Lockheed Martin personnel to solve so many challenging projects. A big portion of my career and the most memorable years were spent on the Hubble Space Telescope Program, where I managed the quality assurance effort.

I feel very fortunate to have worked on that program from the proposal stage through launch and several of the refurbishment missions. I worked with so many highly qualified individuals. I look back at the various periods and feel a great sense of pride in the success that the Hubble Space Telescope has had during its ongoing life in orbit.

Thank you Hubble Space Telescope; I've enjoyed the view!