Thursday, September 6, 2012

Making a 360

My father’s first job and my last job were for the same company
by Stephen B.

In 1946, after my mother and father served in the Navy during World War II, my father went to work for the Glenn L. Martin Company in Baltimore, Maryland. My parents lived on Dihedral Drive in Aero Acres, a community Mr. Martin built during the war for his employees. Many years later in 2004, when I went to work for Lockheed Martin in Hanover (not far from where they lived and where I was born), I always felt it was good karma that my father’s first job and my (hopefully) last job were for the same company. Although my father did not live to see me work for Lockheed Martin, every day I do my best to make him, the company, my customer and myself proud to be a Lockheed Martin employee. Thanks for that opportunity.

That's me on top of the car.