Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Kiwi’s Adventure in America

My uncle worked at Lockheed Martin after World War II
by Maxine P.

My uncle, Arthur Carlinson, worked in the Lockheed factory near Los Angeles. He’d just arrived in the United States 1954 after working in London during World War II, where he worked with radios. I don’t know where or what he was doing, but I believe it was classified. He was born in New Zealand and traveled to England in March 1939 to ride in the motorcycle races on the Isle of Man. I wold love to know what he did while working at Lockheed. I believe it was the only job he had in the United States. He never returned to New Zealand, but I was lucky to meet him on two holidays to Los Angeles in 1967 and 1969.


My uncle was born in New Zealand and worked at Lockheed Martin after World War II.