Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Sky’s the Limit at Lockheed Martin

I’m excited about how we accelerate innovation
by Eric

My story with Lockheed Martin began as soon as I read Ben Rich's personal memoir, Skunk Works, at the age of 15. From that moment on, I knew that I wanted to work for Lockheed Martin, but I never really thought I would have the chance. After some training, I was hired in 2010 and worked as a structures assembler on the C-130J center wing box production team in Marietta, Georgia. I was part of the crew that built the most center wing boxes ever built in one year! I felt very proud to help build an aircraft with such rich history. Now I work as a structures assembler on the F-35 wing production team in Fort Worth, Texas. I help build the world's premier fifth generation stealth fighter. Dreams do come true, and I am excited about the future. I truly believe that the sky's the limit!

The future is bright at Lockheed Martin!