Saturday, June 1, 2013

We Helped Defeat Communism

It was like being a member of a family
by Ronald L.

I was at Sunnyvale for almost 16 years (just 2 weeks short) from 1979 to 1995. Work meant having projects done according to Lockheed’s high standards. I worked with colleagues even after normal work hours; I worked whenever I was needed. Jobs well done caused communism to collapse. There was a reduced need for the United States Armed Forces to procure more Lockheed top-quality products; hence, there were massive layoffs, which affected me.

We had the opportunity to participate in activities during off-hours, including Toastmasters to improve talking in front of groups, the management association to listen to accomplished individuals, annual picnics and a 5K fun run. LERA was a way to doing other things, such as taking hang gliding lessons and going on a cruise where I met my wife. I am proud to be part of the Lockheed Martin family. Thank you.