Monday, August 27, 2012

It’s a Privilege to Help Employees

Doing everything in my power to keep employees healthy
by Charlotta T.

I started with Lockheed Martin in January 2011. I had been seeking full-time employment for nine months when I got a call from a recruiter for a job two miles from my home. A brand-new Wellness Center was built and then opened December 8, 2011.

It has been a privilege to care for the several hundred employees here. I have diagnosed early melanoma on an employee, helped them get early treatment and hopefully helped save a life. Other employees have received help in controlling their high-blood pressure, diabetes and other chronic illness. Free health screenings have identified employees with these conditions and helped get them early treatment to prevent the damage from these illnesses. Free flu shots and educational lunch-and-learns have also helped employees and their families stay healthy.

As a friend said, "I thought you had three children, and now you have several hundred." I do feel a strong connection to my co-workers here and will do everything in my power to help them healthy.