Thursday, August 30, 2012

Truly Inspirational: F-22 and F-35

Vast talent, resources and innovative solutions move mountains
by Adrian E.

The highlight of my career so far has been the first flights of the F-22 and F-35 programs. I was blessed to be a part of both programs from the beginning of the development phase to first flight. The focus and energy level of the team on each program in the months leading up to first flight was truly inspirational. The level of teamwork and cooperation during these times was unlike any other time in my career. During these days, the team was completely focused on the end goal and priorities were crystal clear to everyone. Trivial issues weren’t a factor and cooperation abound. Many couldn’t wait to get here in the morning and found it hard to leave in the evening. When the actual first flight day finally arrived, there was much anticipation and anxiety but the feeling quickly turned into euphoria once the aircraft lifted off the runway. I am very proud to work for Lockheed Martin and proud of the important work we do and the products we produce. I am convinced that we can do anything we set our minds to because of our vast talent, resources and innovative solutions. I am very grateful to have had assignments that I enjoyed while at the same time providing for my family. I feel very fortunate to be a small part of our rich heritage and am doing my part to leave the company better than I found it for my colleagues of the future.