Friday, January 25, 2013

My Career Was on Target

It tracked with Lockheed Martin 
by Stephen I.

My career began in June of 1976 with Goodyear Aerospace. As an electrical engineer, I was tasked with the design and development of radar sensor systems, many of which became integrated onto Lockheed Martin platforms.
In January 1987, Loral Corporation acquired Goodyear Aerospace, and I continued my career as an electrical engineer. Again, many of my design and development of radar system were integrated onto Lockheed Martin platforms.
Completing the inevitable cycle of acquisitions, Lockheed Martin and Loral Corporation merged in April 1996. I continued my career as an electrical engineer and software analyst, developing radar sensor systems, many of which became integrated onto Lockheed Martin platforms.
I retired in June 2009, having completed 33-year career designing and developing radar systems for Lockheed Martin platforms. And, now I get an official Lockheed Martin Centennial ink pen!