Tuesday, May 7, 2013

From Oil Fields to Aerospace

My aviation career began on the Peacemaker
by Leslie T.

I came to Ft. Worth from the oil fields in west Texas and New Mexico and went to work building air planes on July 1, 1951 and retired on December 31, 1986. During that time I only missed two days of work and was late to work one time. I was riding to work with my supervisor. Ha!

I enjoyed working. First I was on assembly line and bucking rivets on the B-36. Later, I was transferred to logistics where I remained the rest of my time. Lockheed Martin is a great company. I am 88 years old and in good health. I appreciate my retirement salary very much. Lockheed Martin has great people. My department has a luncheon every month. We enjoy the fellowship and stories. Thanks so much!

The B-36 Peacekeeper