Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Postcard Memories

My parents began their careers in 1951
by Sheila H.

My name is Sheila. My parents Clyde and Marjorie were both employed by Martin Marietta for many years. They began their careers in 1951 at the Glenn L. Martin Company in Baltimore, Maryland. They both worked in the electronics department building the P6M SeaMaster and the P5M Marlin. In 1961, Martin Marietta opened a new plant in Orlando, Florida. My father was transferred to Orlando that same year. My mother was rehired a couple of years later. They both worked on the Pershing and Patriot missile programs. They both retired and were able to enjoy many happy and healthy years together. My father passed away in 2007 at 87 years old. My mother will turn 85 in a few months.

Glenn L. Martin Company, Baltimore, Maryland