Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Quality Matters

My five years at Martin Marietta were simply the best
by Dorothy K.

I’ll try in a few words to tell my feelings about those five years I worked in the inspection department at Martin Marietta in Orlando. April 1985 to April 1990 were the best years I spent in the workforce. I just went through my folder and re-read seven significant incident reports from projects we inspected. They were LANTIRN, CNCE, TADS and Pershing. I received a check for $200 on February 10, 1987, and on another occasion, a jacket from TADS Electronic Systems, which I still have. Everyone in the department was always very helpful when I asked questions at the beginning. It was a sad day when I got laid off, but I’m still receiving a pension for which I’m very grateful. Thank you for the opportunity to tell my story.