Saturday, May 11, 2013

One Company, One Team

Thank you for the opportunity to show my appreciation
by Bob B.

In 1997, I retired from the contracts department of the Lockheed Martin facility in Pomona, California. I had been working for the Loral Electro-Optical Systems Company in Pasadena when it was acquired by Lockheed. I was immediately impressed with the professionalism of the Lockheed personnel and the manner in which program management interfaced with the contracts department. Some examples are as follows:

1)      Complete and detailed backup was provided for proposals.
2)      Frequent dialogue with contracts was the rule of the day. (No surprises.)
3)      Sufficient time was allowed for data submittals.
4)      Contracts was included in program support meetings.
5)      The attitude among departments was, "We all wear the same badge."

Thank you for this opportunity to express my admiration for Lockheed Martin.