Monday, February 18, 2013

A Lasting Impression

This was the culmination of my career
by Janet D.

In 1997, my boss said that we had a $17 million risk on a contract on which I was the program contractor manager. He asked if I would look to see if there was any contractual way to alleviate this problem. Through extensive research and understanding of contractual terms, as well as several presentations internally and externally with the customer, I was able to convince the customer that we did not have the obligation to provide spares under the services contract. Ultimately, the government bought $10 million worth of spares, which eliminated the risk to the company. I felt that it was the culmination of my career in contracts and my parting effort for the good of the company. I retired shortly after that.