Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I’ll Never Forget

Some memories still give me goose bumps
by Shirley E.

I worked 30 years at good old "Mother Lockheed." While employed there, I worked on both commercial and military programs and at different plants.

When I was working on the L-1011 program, I had the pleasure of going on an acceptance flight. The awesome part was during the flight, I was invited into the cockpit. The pilot was landing the aircraft utilizing the AFCS system, which I thought was awesome!

Another fond memory is being allowed to perform with the Lockheed choir during working hours at different plants. The highlight was performing the complete score from The Music Man and The Battle Hymn of the Republic. I think there were 200 beautiful voices and orchestra playing, which gave me goose bumps!"