Thursday, February 14, 2013

Working for Aviation’s “Great Pioneer”

I started working in 1939
by Melvin R.

I started working at the Glenn L. Martin Company in 1939 for 40 cents an hour. Excluding the two years I served in the Air Force during World War II, my one and only job for 47 years was working for the Martin Company. I retired in 1986 as Vice President of Aerostructures Programs. Not wanting to miss the comradeship of fellow co-workers when retiring, we made plans and formed a retirement organization called RAMM (Retired Association of Martin Marietta), which is still active today. It was an honor knowing and working for Glenn L. Martin, one of the great pioneers of aviation and I cherish the memories of those 47 years at the Martin Company.

I still love to keep in touch with co-workers!