Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Salute to the SR-71 Black-Bird

Here’s to the company and people who Accelerate Tomorrow
by Padma M.

Hello! I joined Lockheed Martin in 1982 in Burbank, California. I was so thrilled to see a SR-71 Blackbird fly through Burbank airport where our information technology department gave salute to this majestic airplane. I grew with the company. I was educated during my career and worked in many disciplines of systems integration.

I proudly retired from Lockheed Missiles and Space Company. Special thanks go to my boss in information technology department, Mr. Robert Cassidy; Rich Rickie; Danny Martin; project consultant Dr. Robert Barnhill; and my husband Zee's continuous inspirational and moral support. All encouraged me to undertake many challenging projects, which I completed successfully through persistence, with hard work (may be workaholic too) and from the company's financial and educational support throughout my service.

I am very, very proud to be a part of 100th Anniversary (Centennial commemoration) and look forward to see the company's continuous growth and success to help the humankind all over the world through breakthrough technological innovations and research work. With regards and best wishes.