Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Turning Point of My Life

I was forever awed by the A-12
by Howard J.

Walking into Building 82 at Plant B-6 in 1960, when I was just 17-years-old, was one of the most memorable days of my life. There in the forward assemble jig, was the making of an A-12. I saw a strange black material–a spaceship looking design. I was in aviation and Skunk Works for life!

Through the next 28 years, I worked on many “secret” programs and watched as these advanced flying machines finally made it into the public’s awareness. The inside knowledge of these programs and the public’s awe at what was accomplished, even to this day, gives me a huge senses of pride in both Lockheed Martin and our country.

I was indeed lucky to have been around and working for some of the most brilliant aviation minds in history!  Many of these aviation accomplishments will never ever be duplicated in many factors!

Thanks Skunk Works and Lockheed Martin for shaping my life!

The A-12 steaks through the skies.