Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Cadre of Safety and Quality

I was honored to be the “A” Inspector
by Earl M.

After retiring from the United States Marine Corps in 1974, I was looking for a job! I started working for truck tanker lines and attended Delgado Community College when things were real slow. I applied at Michoud. I started to try out for machine shop, but the boss thought I did not qualify, so I started working in the sheet metal shop. My bosses were Mr. Uhener and Mr. Peters. After a while, I became Inspector “B.” About a year later, I became Inspector “A,” which was much better. I was responsible for moving tanks into various positions, including barge loading of the tank for shipment to Florida. I was very committed to my job and quality. I am very proud of that. I retired in 1991.