Wednesday, April 17, 2013

From Apprentice to Manager

From the beginning, I was awestruck by the people
by Ivan B.

I joined Lockheed as an apprentice at age 17, right out of high school. I was awestruck at the enormity of Plant B-1. Over the years, I held many job classifications, from a jig and fixture builder to department manager. I worked on the F-104, Constellation, P-3, T-33, C-5A, C-130, SR-71, TR-1, L-1011, S-3A and F-117. I met and worked with many fine people. Lockheed isn't a place of buildings, but a place of people, many of whom I shall never forget. I was at Lockheed over 37 years before I retired, three of those years I served my country in the Army. I have a large collection of model Lockheed airplanes. I have many fond memories of being at Lockheed, the programs that I worked on and the people whom I met. I am very proud of being a part of the Lockheed Martin family!