Monday, April 8, 2013

The C-130 Is in My DNA

My father and I worked on the Hercules
by Bruce S.

I recently retired from Lockheed Martin in Marietta, Georgia, after 33 years of employment at Plant #6. By far, the majority of my career was associated with the C-130, an aircraft I was familiar with since I was eight years old. My father had been a flight engineer on the C-130 in the Air Force until 1964, when he retired and came to Georgia to work at the plant in Marietta. I first went to work there in 1969 right out of high school. I was later laid-off for nine years, but I returned in 1979 as a C-130 assembly mechanic. I retired  in 2010 as the C-130J final assembly line production manager. It was a very rewarding career, and those years will always remain a cherished time in my life.

C-130J Final Assembly