Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Greetings to My Lockheed Martin Friends

I helped develop the Titan missile
by John Van A.

It’s interesting to note that the history of Lockheed Martin began just a few years before 1920, the year in which I was born. I enjoyed an exciting career helping to develop the Titan I, II and III on four test stands, even before their activation. I helped mainly on D, where we performed the original tests. Then I went on to vertical tests for quality inspection and Titan II retest and tooling for tooling layouts. The special event was on Pad 41 in Florida, when the first Titan III was tested with success. I enjoyed 16 years of continuing excitement, and seldom was there a dull day. Probably as a result of my love for aerospace, my son has been a pilot for United Airlines for nearly 27 years. May your success continue for many future years!