Monday, April 1, 2013

Flawless Performance in Southeast Asia

Lockheed Martin aircraft are both forgiving and versatile
by Jesse B.

My awareness of Lockheed began in 1958 while I was growing up on the prairies of Montana. I joined the Air Force in 1958, where I served for 30 years and 22 days. During that time, many Lockheed aircraft crossed my path. In fact, I believe Kelly Johnson was a creative genius, and it will be a long time before he and Skunk Works are equaled. My greatest memories and love for Lockheed Martin aircraft came about because I was a performance flight engineer on the C-141 Starlifter and the C-130 Hercules. What incredible aircraft! I get proud thinking about flying the C-130 in Southeast Asia. It showed how forgiving and versatile an aircraft could be. After retiring from the Air Force, I worked for Lockheed Middle East Services in Riyadh and Jeddah, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. All in all, I have only good and lasting memories of Lockheed Martin.