Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Lockheed Martin Family

Dad’s love of aircraft rubbed off on me
by Beatrice E.

I grew up in the 1950s and have fond memories of Dad taking us to Lockheed for Christmas. We peered in awe at the giant elves that stood near the front entrance to the plant. We got all kinds of toys and candy and waited for a chance to sit on Santa's lap. During the summer, he took us to the air shows and open house where we toured the aircraft in person. Dad went to work there when it was Bell Helicopter, and his love of aircraft continued on until he retired from Lockheed-Georgia. His love for aircraft rubbed off on me, and I later became an employee of Lockheed for over 17 years. I have a brother-in-law who loves aerospace and is currently employed at Lockheed Martin in Sunnyvale, California. Guess you could say we are definitely a Lockheed Martin family!