Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Three Generations and Still Going Strong

Our heritage began eight decades ago
by Tom H.

I am a third-generation Lockheed Martin employee. Our family has the longest unbroken employment in the Corporation. It began with my grandfather, Robert Mills. In 1932, he was hired as the ninth employee of the newly reorganized Lockheed Aircraft Company in Burbank, and he worked for Lockheed until 1961. My mom started with the company in 1950 and worked in Burbank until 1990. My career with the company began in 1978, and I still work at Lockheed Martin.

I have the original invitation for the first 20 employees to join Robert Gross at his house in Bel Air, California, in 1942, for the first 10-year award ceremony. Lockheed Martin is in our family's "blood" and has been part of our own history for over 80 years. It has been, and still is, a great place to work.


This invitation is a family treasure.