Sunday, March 17, 2013

From Coast to Coast

I worked at Sunnyvale and the Kennedy Space Center
by Linda B.

In 1975, I began working for Lockheed in Sunnyvale, California. My first job was in cost accounting, and I advanced to company auditor. I was promoted to senior administrator for the engineering group in Sunnyvale and then as the Hubble Space Telescope program senior administrator. I managed the hundreds of staff who were sent to Kennedy Space Center (KSC) for the Hubble processing and launch in 1990. I was offered a position with Lockheed Space Operations Company at KSC. I accepted, and moved to Florida. I worked at KSC from 1990 until 2010, when I retired. I am now the president of Space Coast Cancer Foundation and serve as a docent for NASA at KSC. 

I have been busy in my retirement days and have fond memories of my 35 years with Lockheed Martin. I have seen many of my former co-workers at reunions and events here at KSC.