Monday, March 18, 2013

A Matter of Complex Interpretation

As a jig and fixture builder, I loved analyzing and designing
by Robert W.

I was hired in 1955 at the aircraft plant in Burbank as a jig and fixture builder to work on tooling for the F-104. In 1957, I started working at the Van Nuys facility where the missile and space division was just getting started, working on tooling and ground handling equipment for the Polaris and Corona programs. I was transferred to Sunnyvale in 1964, and I upgraded to tool designer.

I was the only tool designer who had a Top Secret clearance and was selected to be the designer of tooling and ground handling equipment for the KH spy satellites. I also worked on the Hubble Space Telescope and Space Shuttle programs. Those were the best years of my life. I retired in 1981.