Sunday, March 10, 2013

I Always Loved Brain Teasers

As a seven-year-old boy, I had a passion for aerospace design
by Eugene M.

Whether building models at age seven or working on the Titan I, Titan II, Sprint ABM, Skylab and the Space Shuttle programs for the Martin Company, aerospace design has been the most rewarding experience in my life.

I have been involved in the design of ground support and test equipment and sent to Cape Canaveral to assist launch efforts. In between these "milestones," I have been involved in affecting changes in design criteria and writing test and operating procedures. Other times, I was employed in failure analysis studies and reporting.

During my research and problem-solving phase, I found and obtained special equipment to build the panels for detecting harmful debris in outer space. I also found a way to provide an inexpensive and temporary clean room for the existing tube shop, so it could be modified to accommodate the Shuttle program requirements.

Now, here’s a brain teaser.

Question: How was I allowed to ride as a passenger in a P-38?

Answer: After doing mechanical repair on the plane the pilot said, "Climb in and I'll give you a ride." So, I got in where the radio equipment had been removed!


Aerospace design has been the most rewarding experience in my life!