Thursday, March 21, 2013

What a Wonderful Ride It’s Been

I was surrounded by technology, ethics and talent
by Joseph G.

My uncle, Carl Jenkins, worked directly for Glen L. Martin, obviously throughout World War II, and invented navigation-related technology. I followed in his footsteps. During the 1960s, I was one of the branch engineers for the Navy's Strategic Systems Projects Office, transitioning from Polaris to Poseidon to Trident. Lockheed, as one of the prime contractors, impressed me with technology, ethics and talent. In the mid-1980s, the Lockheed Marine Systems group offered me a position as Director of Business Development and Vice President of Lockport Marine. I left Lockheed, only to return in 1998 and retire 10 years later as the Corporate Director for Logistics under the CTO (having spent time at MS2). My two "stints" with this great corporation have too many events and amazing experiences to relate in 250 words. Suffice it to say, "what a ride" and what great people I had the opportunity to work with.